Blog #4


The purpose of the ELA technology standards is to prepare students for technology use in and out of the classroom. The tools suggested are not required however can be very beneficial to students. I chose the LAFS.6.RI.3.7 standard for grade 6 which integrates information presented in different media or formats as well as in words to ultimately develop a coherent understanding of a topic or issue. Students will use tools to create online video/media albums, charts, and timelines. As of now I think I need more practice to feel comfortable implementing this in a classroom. I feel this way because I have a very beginner skill set.

The CPALMS Educator Toolkit website has many useful resources and tools for teachers. I chose a resource under the grade 3 mathematics category titled, “Nature Walk: Fractions Less Than 1 on a Number Line”. This is a very captivating and fun resource that I would definitely use in my classroom. This resource provides many audio recordings of a math lesson with captions, diagrams, and pictures of nature. The lesson is very detailed and teaches the students several new topics.

Internet searching is a way to find information on virtually any subject in a matter of seconds. It is important to be a proficient internet searcher as a teacher because you may be asked questions that you do not know the answer to. Using the internet, you can find answers to these questions and help your students or colleagues. Moving forward, I think I will use the google advanced feature the most. This feature allows you to exclude words, select certain file types that you want in the search results, look for news stories, and more. Moreover, it makes searching on the internet much faster and easier.



Comments

  1. Hey Julie, I love your paragraph on CPALM's as I love when math is fun! Based on how you described it, I love how it is perfect for 7th graders as many times math around that age starts to become a little more difficult and moves past the basics. I love how this interest you for your future classroom setup as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #8

Blog #5