Blog #5


Prior to this class, I have never used Twitter. Downloading it I didnt know what to expect. As I've used the app I've noticed that it is pretty simplistic and easy to navigate. For a previous portfolio assignment we had to join an education related chat which I've never done before. I thought this was a cool way to talk about relevant educational topics and get other people input and ideas. I will definitely be participating in chats like this when I become a teacher. It's a great way to develop and advance as a teacher.

The Digital Divide addresses the divide between people who do and don't have access to technology. The Digital Divide creates a disparity among students. Furthermore, students who have technology access at home are said to be at a greater advantage for educational success than students who do not. As a classroom teacher I will have to understand that not every student will have access to a computer and the internet at home. I will make sure that everything assigned can be completed by every student, regardless of whether they have access to technology at home or not.

There are many software tools I've used throughout my years as a student. Two tools that I've really enjoyed and think will be beneficial in my future classroom are kahoot and quizlet. Kahoot is a fun way to test your students' understanding on a subject. The software lets you create questions relating to the subject you're teaching. You can then present these questions to the class and have the students using their own devices, choose which answer they think is correct. Quizlet is another very useful studying tool that I would use in my classroom. This software allows students to study various topics via learning tools and games. I have used this site to study for many years and have benefited greatly from it.




Comments

  1. Hi Julie! I think it is really interesting that you have never used Twitter before this class just because it seems like an app everyone our age has. I can't blame you though, I personally don't enjoy it as much as other social media apps, however I agree that it is a great tool to establish connections with other teachers and the education community.
    I also agree that in order to ensure that students have fair opportunities, teachers need to make sure any work they assigned can be completed without technology. Although I feel like this may start to begin more of a challenge in the future due to the ever advancing ways of technology.
    I had the exact same choice in software choices as you! Kahoot is so fun and exciting for students and I think it encourages students to realize that learning can be fun, too. Quizlet is also a fantastic tool to study with. I like their studying tool, Quizlet Live. It is similar to Kahoot, but students are able to work in groups.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #8

Blog #4