Blog #8

 

When creating my website, I learned a lot of new useful skills. To begin, I learned how to navigate the website design service, Weebly. Furthermore, I learned how to create pages, insert hyperlinks, and imbed a calendar. I really liked this assignment because I’ve always wanted to know how to create a website. I’m going to use what I learned from this assignment when I create a webpage for my future students. 

http://msjuliealva.weebly.com 

Over the past few weeks I’ve learned several new skills on Diigo. Furthermore, I learned how to upload articles to a class, highlight, and take notes on information. In my future classroom, I plan on uploading articles for my students to annotate. This will help me ensure my students are focused on what they are reading. I can use Diigo with team members to share helpful articles and share our thoughts through notes. Individually, I can use Diigo to archive articles that I think could benefit me.

As technology advances, teachers have to make changes to adapt. For example, slide shows used to be presented using overhead projectors and transparencies however, nowadays, slide shows are streamed from computers . One major cause for the shift was projectors and transparencies hindered the ability to annotate during a lesson. This led to the creation of interactive whiteboards that could stream anything from a computer. This piece of technology allowed teachers to annotate what was on the board with special pens which could then be recorded and saved. Technological changes like this have been made to make class run more smoothly for teachers.

https://digital.bu.edu/edtech-trends-watch-list-2021/ (educational technology watchlist)


Comments

  1. Hi Julie, I first wanted to say that I loved reading your blog post and enjoyed getting a chance to view your website! I was blown away at how professional yet simple your website looked! The contrast between not only the wording/fonts utilized but the images as well fit so perfectly! Everything was easy to read and was very visually appearing! I love all the effort you put in into creating this website! I noticed the proximity and alignment of the bullet point lists that you created and it was very easy to understand and read! Overall, I think you did a great job on your website!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog and website designs are great! Both are very pleasing to eye and makes the reader want to read what you have to say. All the images on your website are clear and fit perfectly and go along with the context of the page. Loved looking at your page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie! Your website looks great! The contrast of the red font against the white background catches the eye easily and makes it easy to read. The simplicity continues throughout every page on your website, making it very easy to navigate. None of your items are too spread out, so the proximity is perfect. The alignment amongst different aspects on each page is also spot on and not distracting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #5

Blog #4