Blog #1


    Hi, my name is Julie Alva and I’m a freshman at Florida State University. I’m from New York about an hour outside of the City. I’m currently on track to major in education. For fun I like to go thrifting, out to eat, travel, listen to music, watch Netflix and spend time with my friends. A fun fact about me is I have an identical twin sister. 

I do not have much experience with technology in an educational setting. Throughout highschool, I used google docs and slides for many classes so I’m very comfortable with them. For a media class I used photoshop and imovie which I have a very basic understanding of. I don't have much experience using Microsoft programs so this will definitely be a learning experience. Overall, I would say I have a very average understanding of technology.

I use several resources to support my learning goals. One example of this is Youtube. Youtube is a personal learning network I use to watch videos on topics that need further explanation. Youtube is very helpful for visual learners like me. I've also used kindle to download books on certain topics that I need more information on. Quizlet is a great tool I use when studying for a upcoming exams. It makes the learning process easier and more enjoyable.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #8

Blog #5

Blog #4