Blog #3

Copyright and fair use have been created so people can't steal other people's work. Furthermore, copyright protects authors from people using their work and claiming it as their own. Fair use allows select copyrighted material to be used in certain situations such as, reporting, teaching, and research without any permission or payment to the creator. As a teacher, I would always make sure the material I use falls under the fair use doctrine and is not being used illegally. I would also make sure my students are following these guidelines and completing their work legally.

There are several issues when it comes to implementing technology in the classroom. Teachers must be aware of these issues and know how to deal with them. Some of these issues include, academic dishonesty, cyberbullying, decreased productivity, and student privacy. As a teacher, I would implement rules that forbid academic dishonesty. If I witnessed any student breaking these rules, I would fail them for that assignment and write them up. If I witnessed a student cyberbullying someone online, I would inform their parents, report it to the principal and make sure the student was held accountable. I understand that cyberbullying is very serious and should be treated as such.

Working on the newsletter design I acquired many new skills. To begin, I learned how to make columns/ charts. I also learned how to paste a cluster header into Word. Another thing I learned while completing the assignment was how to create a hyperlink. Finally, I learned how to create a zip file on my computer. Overall, this assignment taught me many different skills that I will use in the future. When I’m a teacher, I will definitely create newsletters and use these techniques. In the future, I could learn how to put a border around my cluster header. 



"Copyright Symbols" by MikeBlogs is licensed under CC BY 2.0

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #8

Blog #5

Blog #4