Blog #7

 

Many schools require teachers to maintain a set of class pages on the school website. These pages house a lot of important information regarding the class. Furthermore, teachers include introductions, contact information, announcements, upcoming assignments, study guides, and additional resources. On the site I chose, the teacher includes a lot of information including her email, recommended school supplies, resources and links for practice tips, and assignment due dates. https://cchs.cornwallschools.com/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=818814&type=u 

When I become a teacher I will definitely create a website. I will include all information I feel is important to include. Furthermore, my website will be a place where students can go if they have any questions regarding what they have and will be learning throughout the year. If students or parents have any questions, my email will be linked on the home page.

Prior to this class I have never used a wiki platform. For our last assignment, we completed it using PB Works, which is a wiki platform. I liked how you could link different pages to the home page. I thought that this was very convenient and useful. I didn't like that I was really confused when I began the assignment. Like I said, this was my first time using the site and getting used to it was difficult. In the future I could have my students complete and submit assignments using  a wiki.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #8

Blog #5

Blog #4