Blog #9

 

This year, I’ve had a lot of experience as a distance learner, and have found things that I like and dislike about it. To begin, I like being able to work from home, and not having to get ready for class. I also really like when my teachers record class, so I can go back and watch if I ever need more clarification. I dislike how lonely distance learning is, especially in college. Furthermore, it's hard to meet people when class is online. It is also harder for me to learn online. Moreover, I can learn way better in a classroom. When I am a teacher, I will make sure to stop many times throughout the class and ask my students if they have any questions. This will help ensure that they are understanding everything they are learning.

Open educational resources are learning resources that anyone can access and use in a variety of ways. These resources are typically distributed online. One example of this is Khan Academy. This resource houses a set of online tools that help educate students including short lessons in the form of videos. The website also includes supplementary practice exercises and materials for educators. (https://www.khanacademy.org

I acquired many useful skills from working on the two PowerPoint assignments. To begin, I learned how to add a footer to each of my slides. I will use this when I create PowerPoints for my students in the future. Next, I learned how to add transitions and animations which made my PowerPoints more fun and entertaining. I also learned how to record my voice over the PowerPoint presentation. Overall, I learned how to use a lot of new tools that will help me in the future.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #8

Blog #5

Blog #4